Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
The value of my time...
posted

First, let me say that, in general, I'm quite happy with my NetAdvantage products and the responsiveness of the people at Infragistics.  Your's were the best controls (for what I wanted anyway) that I could find when I tested a bunch of different UI products.

I've just spent the first 3 (Three) hours of my morning doing nothing but debugging and documenting for Infragistics some additional information regarding a current bug issue that I found and reported in the first place.  Discovering and working around this particular bug has taken most of my time for the previous couple of days.  Another bug I discovered and reported which is also now in the Infragistic bug Case todo list, took me a couple hours to diagnose and report. 

I bill my time at over $100/hour, which I realize is not terribly extravagant as programming goes, but, it still adds up after a coupl'a days...  I personally, have a hard time billing my customers for time that was spent on finding, diagnosing, and working around bugs in the software that "I" purchased and use.  On the other hand, I suspect Infragistics probably isn't going to pay me my normal billing rate for finding, diagnosing, and reporting thier bugs to them...  even tho they probably should.

So I was thinking...  Infragistics should start giving us a credit for each legitimate bug we find, diagnose, and report.  The credit would go against the purchase of New Products or our next Annual Maintenance Fee, or whatever you call that charge.   I don't know what a fair price per bug would be, but I do know that working as one of Infragistics Testing and Quality Control people for FREE after paying over $1,000 to purchase the products in the first place, (while it's a helluva deal for Infragistics) ain't quite right...

$50 bucks per bug?  Whad'ya think? 

By the way, the "Email me replies to this post" doesn't work for me.  I never get emailed the replies.  Does it work for anyone else?