Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Introduction and Feedback Request
posted

Hello,

I'm a relatively new member to the Infragistcis team having started just under 2 months ago.  I'm the Director of Web Technologies for IG and my name is Kevin.  One of the tasks I've been charged with is enhancing the overall "experience" of our various web properties.  You may have noticed recently that we made some significant changes to our home page which targeted page size (both screen and download) as well as the structure of the primary navigation.  With a target screen resolution of 1024x768 we were able to reduce what was 3 full scrolls of vertical real estate into a single "above the fold" view.  This went a long way toward shaving the download weight as the home page dropped from 1.2mb and 94 http requests to about 240kb and 49 requests (both against unprimed cache).  We have additional changes planned that will reduce these values even further. 

However, we understand there is still much to be done.  This is where the "feedback request" portion of my title applies.  I'm asking you, the users of Infragistics.com (and it's community sites) what kinds of things you would like to see.  What do you think we're doing well?  What do you think we're not doing so well?  What areas of the site are most important to you and what can we do to make our site work better for you?

I invite you to contact me via private message or email, whichever is convenient for you, so that I can take all of the feedback into consideration as we plan our future changes.

Thank you in advance,

Kevin 

Parents
No Data
    posted

I would like to see a public list of feature requests and have the capability to vote on which ones are important to me, or maybe give them a rating.

Right now we can request a feature through a form.  I think it would be awesome to be able to see what other people are requesting and put in some sort of vote/rating system to assist infragistics in prioritizing these requests.

I think that would cut down on your guys management as far as searching for duplicate requests that come in from every customer also.

Children
No Data